Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Short note from the Sewing cave

No big news from the cave. I guess that happens when you take on a couple big projects at a time. Still working on letters for the wall quilt and still hand quilting the other bright quilt. Still watching way too much TV.

I was at Walmart today and picked up these pretty bandannas. My eldest child, an almost 23 year old daughter has a condition called alopecia totalis. She lost all her hair while in high school. So she wears hats and bandannas all the time. She works in the CCU of our local hospital and likes to match her bandannas to her scrubs. I saw these and they just screamed her name. She is partial to pink. She does love to take pictures of herself. lol Here is one she took at christmas.



1 comment:

  1. My son has alopecia also. So I understand how you feel. He wears cute little hats, though he would hate hearing me describe them that way. I like the bandanas idea. I think I will keep a lookout for fabrics so I can make some for him.

    thanks,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete