Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Getting some stuff done.

I joined a pin cushion swap on one of my chatting groups on Ebay RQQ. I was looking around on the Internet and got sucked into a couple of flicker groups that had 100s of pictures of really cute pin cushions. I am not one that follows patterns. ( recipes either) I just look at something and take it apart in my mind and go for it. So I decided what I was going to make. It is really cute. I can't show pictures as The lady this is for may follow my blog and I want her to be surprised. So here are some unfocused pictures.

I received some much needed advice from Beena and Sewmeow for my frustration on FMQ. I have decided to throw the quilt in the corner.

and do some practicing on 12" string blocks and make them into another raggy. No pressure that way. I have so many quilt tops lovingly pieced that I am afraid to mess up the machine quilting and mess them up. Maybe after some more practice and can get my guts up to dip my toe in the FMQing on a larger scale. (grin)


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy. I am looking forward to the reveal of the pin cushion. Don't give up on machine quilting, I am sure with a little more practice you will do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to practice the machine quilting for just 15 minutes at a time, and it really paid off. But machine,thread and tension problems, are another matter altogether, no matter what skill level. Never get frustrated with yourself over something like that!
    I'll have you know I bought some fabrics today (batiks) to make a pinwheel quilt because I was so inspired by yours! If we both weren't so busy, I'd say piece the top for me, and I'll quilt yours!
    Have fun with your pin cushion swap! I'm still finishing up my Spring Blossom one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teasing huh? lol We should show pictures on the RQQ blog after the swap is complete. It would be neat to show them all off.

    ReplyDelete