Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fabric Creeping out in the Sewing Cave

Something strange in my Sewing Cave. I just cleaned up all the crumb quilt scraps and now look. I think all my batiks have been creeping out of their nice neat organized drawers and sprawled out on the sewing table. I guess you could say I am procrastinating on putting a border on the Crumb quilt. Out of sight out of mind. I finished the purse. I had to use my dear friend Jack the Ripper only once. I messed up putting in the zipper so ended up unsewing almost the whole purse but was able to fix it. I loved the way this purse turned out so well I started laying out more batiks on the ironing pad to put together another one.
Yes Shannon I'm really using my Batik favorites.

This purse turned out so well, all the machine quilting made it even stiffer than the others I have done and it stands up so nicely on it's own.






5 comments:

  1. Love the way the bag turned out! I still haven't finished the one I'm making for my Mom. But now I have 'til saturday. I guess if I'd known it was going to be a purse when I started it, it would have been an easier job.

    My fabric was also organized recently. I repeat, it "was"...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I am not the only one. I think there are fabric gremlins that sneek in at night and rearrange everything. Would explain where the fabric I was looking at the other day disappeared too.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I think that with that stash of batiks, you can not say all your fabric is ugly for a WHILE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Batiks, and your pile can come to my sewing room from your sewing cave anytime! The purse turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the purse! Those batiks look beautiful...

    ReplyDelete