Friday, February 27, 2009

Started pieced letter quilt

I have been spending quite a bit of time here on the blogs. I found a very nice lady Tonya of Lazygalquilting http://lazygalquilting.blogspot.com/ She has some very nice and easy tutorials for makeing free-pieced letters. Her blog has inspired me to make a wall quilt for each of my grown children decribeing them with a bunch of words over lapping and going differnt directions. I got this part made in just one night.

Tonya also has some good ideas for hand quilting. So I am also hand quilting because of her too. You need to check out her blog. I like her philosophy of No Quilting Police and it should be fun! We had some wild weather yesterday! Wind, lightning, hail and down pours. Typical Spring storms but very early for February. Then today is it all sun. Turned back to being cold 22 degrees this morning but at least there is sun Glorious Sun!

Here is the Old Gentleman of the farm, Champ. I used to breed Golden Retreivers many years ago. Champ is my last golden left. He is now a house dog. Loves to lay in front of the pellet stove. We have to put the coffee table up against the couch at night when we go to bed or that is where he is in the morning.




3 comments:

  1. Wheee, fun letters. Thanks for all the nice words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks fo stopping by my blog. I too am getting ready to start a word quilt from Tonya's blog.I'll be following yours to see how it goes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before you get too far--it's a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

    Not a member of the Quilt Police, but I'd hate for you to find it out too late to correct it--unless that's the way you meant to spell it.

    I haven't tried any of Tonya's letters yet--but they sure look like fun!

    ReplyDelete